LED light sources combine the advantages of LED lighting with the possibilities of a fibre-optic light source.
The strong points of LED light sources
- Maximum light intensity can be focused on a small surface.
- Cold light: No heat develops on the object.
- Great flexibility at a reasonable price: one light source with a wide range of applications (back light, incident light, dark field ring light etc.)
- Reduced operating cost:
- 30 000 hours of LED service life
- no lamp replacement
- no storage cost for spare lamps
- no servicing cost
- no downtimes.
Advantages compared to halogen light sources
- colour temperature: daylight quality 5 800 K – with filters for adjustment to halogen light
- long service life of up to 30 000 hours (70% of output brightness, no lamp replacement required)
- ripple-free and flicker-free
- infinitely adjustable brightness control
- no change in colour temperature when dimming
- wide-range power supply for worldwide use
- ESD protection
- compact construction
- minimum energy use
- full range of light guides available (goose-neck light guides, flexible light guides, ring lights)
- robust stable metal housing
- stable positioning with goose-neck light guides
- DC operation (no flickering with digital cameras).
Photonic product range
- F1 corresponds to a 100 W halogen light source..
- F1 R corresponds to a 100 W halogen light source with remote function via RS-232 interface.
- F3000 corresponds to a 150 W halogen light source with remote function via USB and foot switch.
- F3000CRI concerning the spectrum (CRI > 90) and brightness comparable to a Photonic PL3000 150 W halogen light source with remote function via USB and foot Switch.